Dental implants can give you back a full, gorgeous smile and maintain the natural look and feel of your real teeth. Dental implants are now the gold standard for replacing missing teeth…but you probably knew that already.
We can answer your questions.
Well, dental implants have been around a bit longer than most people think…here are some interesting dental implant facts…
- The first dental implants date back to 600 A.D., when tooth-shaped shell pieces were hammered into the jaw of a Mayan woman. Other civilizations used human or animal teeth held in place by gold rings.
- Modern dental implants have been used for more than 20 years and rank among the most successful surgical procedures, with a majority of outcomes lasting throughout the patient’s life.
- Nearly 70 percent of Americans ages 35 to 44 are missing at least one tooth due to accident, disease, or aging.
- One in four Americans over the age of 74 have lost all of their natural teeth.
- Dental implants more closely resemble the form, function, and appearance of natural teeth compared to other treatment options, such as dentures or bridges.
View of a dental implant with bone grafting in the jaw.
- Dental implants use biocompatible titanium to replace the root of the missing tooth, this material provides durable support for replacement teeth or crowns.
- People interested in dental implants must have good oral health and be in good overall health. Certain medications, diseases and conditions can impact the healing or success of the implant, so be honest with your dental provider with this information.
- One of the best things about dental implants preserve is that stimulate natural bone growth and prevent bone loss, unlike alternative options. Bone loss cause your face to sink in and look old.
- Dental implants do not decay but require maintenance such as twice-daily brushing, once-daily flossing, and routine visits to your dentist to protecting and preserving surrounding natural teeth and gums.
Dental implants will change your life…for the better!
- Although dental implants may initially cost a little more than other restorations generally they have a longer lasting outcome with a higher satisfaction rate!
When you are ready to find out more about dental implants…call our office, schedule a complimentary consultation and get to know our dental team! (702) 735-3284